Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to Film





So I finally processed my first batch of film last night since I was last in the darkroom of my photography school over 3 years ago. I mixed all the chemicals and brushed off the old rusty timer I just bought as a package deal with an old Besseler enlarger. As of right now I'll only be processing the film but won't be making any prints with the enlarger just yet. Anywho, this is what I've got so far. Back to my old dreamy style again. I shot this orchid with my 1947 Crown Graphic that shoots 4''x5'' film. I am a TERRIBLE film handler. I scratch it, put my fingers all over it, and smudge it no matter how hard I try not to. As you can also see somehow I allowed for a light leak to hit the edge of the film. All in all, it's my terrible handling job that makes the images come out the way they do. Ansel would probably hate to have me as an assistant, but it's my work and I like it. I do plan to be more careful in the future. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment