Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Digital Holga!




The Digital Holga is NOT a german robot lady who bleaches your tighty whitey's for you every Monday afternoon. No, it's just a cheap way to make the boring digital camera make really dreamy photographs. At least that's what it did for me. I made it a long time ago for poops and giggles but it became my only alternative to my regular digital camera for a while. You see, I was broke, and for that matter, I still am, but I really prefer shooting with all my old, wacky, film cameras. However, when we moved across the country to Astoria, Oregon, I had no job prospects, and no moolah for film and chemicals. Sooooo, my only option was my digital camera. BORING!!! Then I remembered the crappy holga lens mount I had made a while back, complete with the lens cap with a hole cut into it to create the vignetting affect. So I popped it on, and went for a walk along the river, and made some of my most favorite images to date. Remember, it isn't what you shoot with, it's how you shoot. Or to shoot at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment