Thursday, May 14, 2009




My new favorite place to be, and I have hardly scratched the surface! Innnnnnnnn Sannnn Francisco! Home of the late great Ansel Adams, amongst many others. My favorite arcade game when I was a kid was called "Quake Attack" and it was set up kind of like a pin ball machine but the board was supposed to be a scaled down version of famous buildings in San Francisco. You would drop your coin in the machine and it would slide down a little ramp onto the board and all of sudden the city began to shake! The goal was to tilt the board with the metal handles sticking out of the front of the machine so that your coin would drop in the various holes on the board. Depending which hole your coin went in determined the amount of tickets the machine spit out at you for redemption of some crappy toy at the front counter. Now when I see the buildings in person I remember that game. That and the show "Full House". Why couldn't I be one of the Tanner kids raised in the heart of downtown San Francisco? So much to see and do. Art everywhere. And food. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a long and ever changing series of that city for me. Long meaning I don't want to leave just yet. Not even close.

Doogie Houser M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment